Friday, March 9, 2012

The Yellow Brick Road ...



Of Colour!

One of my favourite films of all time is The Wizard of Oz, though I confess that when I was 5 it was just a bit frightening.  That wicked witch of the west was a scary lady and I think there might even have been tears no less.  I also recall that for most of my formative years, before the advent of multi zillion channel TV, it was The Film shown every single Christmas Day of every single year.  Fabulous.  It's hard to pick a favourite scene but I think it would have to be when Dorothy lands from the terror of her tornado to the awe, wonder and colour of the Land of Oz.

Dorothy - life in multi colour.
So much more of an adventure
Colour can be magical.  Seeing a flash of colour emerge from a largely monochromatic crowd is so energizing.  It's kind of like a breath of fresh air and once you start you just can't stop!

For many years neutral colours were the favour of fashion but now that colours are back with a great big POP there has never been a better time to learn how to make colours works for you.

Did you know that we are all a unique blend of 'colour' ourselves, made up of tone, depth and clarity.  Some colours energise us illuminating  us with vitality while some drain us and absorb light for themselves - some selfish colours out there ;-)


"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.  
We must be over the rainbow!"

What do you think are your friendly colours? The Lady's dominant colouring is CLEAR CLEAR CLEAR (OK so it's Clear, Warm and Deep).  This means I look best in brighter, purer colours as well as some gorgeous neutrals and colours with a yellow base tone.  But I also look at my very best when I wear colours in contrast.

So, this weekend my friendly colour is in honour of the The Wizard himself.

It's EMERALD city GREEN.  I love this colour as a top or in accessories.  It looks amazing on my colouring when set against grey though this weekend I'll be wearing it as accessories against my ruby shoes lipstick.  Juicy! 


What colour is your best friend this year this weekend? 


With three clicks of my ruby slippers I wish you a wonderful weekend somewhere over the rainbow.


Love and bluebirds
Lady Mirror Ball x


PS:  If you want to know more about your colours have a look at my Colour Consultations Page.  Maybe I could be your very own Wizard for the day and help you demystify and discover your very own rainbow of colours.   

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LBM if you are liking the emerald then you will love this !

http://www.phase-eight.co.uk/fcp/product/phase-eight/Jackets/Guipure-Lace-Jacket/900620832

20% off at Debenhams and Jl price Matching.

Anonymous said...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2112869/Somewhere-Over-Rainbow-Youll-need-pot-gold-buy-Judy-Garlands-7-million-Bel-Air-mansion.html

Somewhere Over the Rainbow LMB ! buy it

Lady Mirror Ball said...

Thanks so much fore sending me this link. I love love love this in Emerald. I need to win the Euro Millions - ha ha. Just to shop in Phase eight this season but also to buy Judy's mansion below.

I am seriously tempted so will let you know if I buy! Best wishes

Lady MB

Lady Mirror Ball said...

Wow - very nice. Thanks for the link. I would love to move in with my very own toto. I'd wear ruby slippers every single day. x