Monday, February 6, 2012

Is This The Best Dress EVER?


       
I LOVE this dress.  My fabulous friend Sarah first sent me the word about this dress.  I tried it on but decided to resist and then wished I hadn't- resisted that is   It's available from Monsoon.  I did think about keeping this one quiet ... but how could I?

And now there seems to be no black available - boo hoo sob ! So I have ordered one in ivory instead.  If I had the budget I would have one in every colour.  It's so Mad Men, gives a great fit and makes you look hourglass.  And it's the perfect length with lovely shoulder line for triangular shaped ladies like me.  But great for Columns, Rectangles, & Inverted Triangles as well as lucky hourglass ladies too.  Slight boat neck with a slight tulip shape at the skirt.  And the one colour is a great for lengthening the body so you look taller and slimmer.   Fab.  Don't let the initial feel of the lace put you off.  At first it feels a little woolly, stretchy & dare I say it 'cheaper' than it should for the price but when you have it on you realise that it wouldn't work any other way.

It's £110.00/CHF 160, is hand wash only (!!!??? eh !!!??) so is expensive but I think worth it.  This could be a lifetime keeper.  Your eternal LBD or LWD.

Swiss LadiesMonsoon UK do deliver to Switzerland for a reasonable £7.95/CHF 12 & promise to take only 3 days.

Stunning lace dress - The Most Amazing Hourglass Silhouette even if you don't have one naturally. With pocket detail at the front - very very lovely.  I love pockets

  • Code: 15326461
  • Colour COBALT/BLACK/IVORY - Black seems to have sold out for now
  • Fabric 73% cotton 27% polyamide - sort of stretchy/wool like lace but don't let that put you off -the fabric has stretch but the lining doesn't.  It's amazing on.
     Lining 100% acetate
  • Care Instruction Hand wash - boooo
  • Length 110cm - I'm 5'5 and this falls to a midi length - very Mad Men

Top Tip:  You can also add a belt - the dress shape allows this without it looking odd.  Did you know that if you break your body line - for example with a belt, you visually lose 3 inches from your height?  But a funky coloured belt in a contrasting colour is a great alternative to colour blocking. 

3 comments:

Lady Mirror Ball said...

UPDATE - ok so the Ivory dress has arrived. Beautiful but NO POCKETS! I am sure that is pockets I see adorning those hips in the official image above. Gutted as I LOVE pockets on a dress. The black definitely had pockets too. Oh the fuss over a pocket...

Unknown said...

I am continually browsing online for ideas that can aid me. Thx!
Bosch 13801 Oxygen Sensor, OE Type Fitment

Lady Mirror Ball said...

Hi there - thanks so much for visiting me and for your feedback. Hopefully will be bringing you more inspiration soon. Do call again.

Love & Sparkle